hair care and moringa
Many of the skin rejuvenating properties in moringa oil also keep hair strong and manageable. Moringa oil is naturally rich in antioxidants and fatty acids Omega-3,6 & 9 which deliver moisture straight to the scalp, preventing dryness and dandruff. Rather than simply adding moisture to the exterior of dry or damaged hair strands, moringa oil works to hydrate the scalp, healing hair from the inside out.
The potent concentration of fatty acids Omega-3,6 & 9 in moringa oil calms scalp inflammation, deeply nourishing hair follicles to encourage growth and promote overall hair health. They also promote blood circulation, stimulating the production of scalp oils that naturally coat hair strands, helping to transform dry hair by softening and enhancing its natural sheen. These fatty acids also increase hair strength and thickness, making hair bouncier and less prone to breakage.
Moringa oil is packed with 92 nutrients and 46 natural antioxidants which hold dozens of anti-inflammatory compounds. Contained within the seeds are vitamin B minerals like selenium, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, copper and manganese which are all vital to keeping hair healthy and strong. The vitamin E contained in moringa stimulates blood circulation throughout the scalp which helps the absorption of nutrients in the hair follicles. This potent combination works to soothe and protect your scalp, inside and out.
To revitalise hair, add natural shine, nourish the scalp and promote growth, use moringa oil on your hair in the following ways:
- As a leave-in conditioning treatment - massage a small amount of moringa oil into damp hair and scalp and let the oil absorb. Weekly application boosts the health of your hair, reducing split ends.
- If you have oily hair, add a few drops of moringa oil to a conditioner, apply and wash out according to your usual conditioning treatment.
- Drier hair types can warm a pea size amount of oil in the hands and apply to the ends of damp hair.
- Use to tame frizzy hair by applying it as a serum on dry hair.
- Apply on itchy and dry scalp to soothe as needed.
- Hair mask - Mix moringa oil into your favourite hair mask product like yoghurt, avocado or coconut milk for a homemade natural hair mask. Massage into your scalp and hair for 20 minutes then rinse
- Hot oil treatment - warm up some moringa oil and massage into your scalp pulling through to the tips of your hair. Leave in for 15 minutes and shampoo. This treatment is particularly good for dandruff.